Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pilot Custom 823 with Iroshizuku yama-guri


                                                                                          
It's been such a long time since my last post here. Please forgive me!

I posted a tweet on Twitter jokingly that most of my posts on Instragram are food pictures. Then my Twitter friend @Inkophile replied back saying that she may have to remove me from her penlist. Noooo!!! But she is correct. So I told her I would write her a letter and post it here on my blog, so here we go!

There are several reasons I have not been writing. I'm still struggling with a lifestyle issue that's keeping me in the doldrums, still working on that. But another reason is I used to feel that everyone expected my letters to be written in a nice perfect script that I've developed a reputation for. This put a silly unneeded pressure on me before I even sat down to write. Then I'd procrastinate and well, not write at all.

This will stop now!

So I began my letter to Margana (@Inkophile)



I used a Pilot Custom 823 that was given to me by my friend John who is the sales manager for Pilot/Namiki Pens in the US.





I filled it with Irohsizuku yama-guri that I purchased from Honolulu Pen Shop.



Then I took out a set of nice hand crafted paper that was given to me a long time ago by my friend Corinne of Honolulu Pen Shop.

























So I wrote and finished my letter, no need for me to divulge the details ;)



No fancy perfect script. No flexible nib fountain pen. No dip nib in an oblique holder. Misspelled words. Mistakes and all!



Quickly written, easier to put my heart on paper without tools or technique to get in the way!

Always nice to finish with a wax seal on the envelope.





















I hope this does not disappoint!

I'm hoping to start writing more letters like this, it is one of my passions that I've been really bad at. I need encouragement though. You can find me on Twitter.

Thank you for reading and until next time I will always remain...

Faithfully yours!

Rodney
aka Greasemonkeyhands

8 comments:

  1. I am sooo looking forward to seeing the real thing. Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what your problem is, but it isn't the hand and it isn't the photography! I wish mine were as neat!

    The seal really does impress!
    Lucky recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pen and impressive penmanship! The writing will warm recipient's heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Loved the post and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh nice :) i always love your handwriting..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaay! Thrilled to see an update! While I love your food pictures, I do love pens and writing more - and you have such nice penmanship. I am quite jealous about that. I've never used seals before but after seeing that one... I may have to pick up a kit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely the handwriting, and I am totally jelous of that seal!!
    Followed you on Twitter ;) because this really inspired me to write more!
    Love/Cecilia :)
    ThePaperBlog

    ReplyDelete