Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Belated Happy New Year

Busy busy busy!

New Years went off as usual. On the eve we go to a friends home and have some traditional Japanese New Years food and a really good sweet sour pig feet that my friend cooks every year on the eve. The recipe is from a Paniolo (Hawaiian Cowboy) at Parker Ranch on the Big Island of Hawaii.

Back at home of course there were fireworks.





No that is not a professional pyrotechnics show but our neighbors down the street. These photos are taken from my front porch. Yes they are illegal in Honolulu except for professional shows!

On New Years Day I cooked ozoni (mochi soup)



and served it along with the kazunoko (fish eggs on kelp) that I had prepared the day before and kuromame (black beans) also cooked the day before.




All of these are traditional New Years foods and each have meanings to them, but I don't know what they are. I guess I could Google it, but that's not what this blog is about.

Moving on into the next decade...

I really wanted to "simplify" my life on 2010, and what do I do...start a photo Project 365 (http://rodneyoproject365.posterous.com/) and open a Flickr account. Sorry I have to figure out the "insert link" thing. Now I have more things to do on the computer along with Twitter, e-mail, surfing and this blog.

That's pretty amazing for someone who once said...

Computer???? Ahh no need...waste time!

Ha!

Happy New Year...Hawaiian Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment